Part Time Director of Development, Providence, RI
Job Summary: The Part time Director of Development (DOD) is responsible for all development activities at the Jewish Community Day School of Rhode Island including the annual campaign, grant writing, and event support. The DOD reports to the Head of School and collaborates closely with the Board of Directors and lay leaders.
Annual Campaign: Direct and coordinate the school’s annual fund campaign consistent with the School’s strategic plan and overall budget, in coordination with the Business Manager, Head of School and lay leaders.
- Rate and assign donors to a team of solicitors and keep track of assignments
- Divide campaign responsibilities for major donors, parents, and other constituents and track participation progress for each group
- Communicate the progress of the annual campaign weekly for the duration of the campaign
- Prepare reports for the Board
- Identify new prospective donors
- Organize a solicitor training session and campaign kickoff event
- Collaborate with the Head of School on 5-10 grant proposals
- Responsible for submitting grant proposals and appropriate stewardship
- Process all donations to the school including annual campaign pledges and gifts as well as honorary/memorial notifications using GiftWorks software
- Draft and process all communications related to the annual campaign and general donations received throughout the year, including thank-you notes, pledge reminders, etc. using postal mail and Constant Contact.
- annual campaign
- Update database with accurate donor information (new families, grandparents, etc.)
- Communicate with donors via postal mail, Constant Contact, Facebook, etc.
- Collaborate with the Admissions/Recruitment Director and the Marketing Officer to invite donors to relevant school events
- Determines relevant recipients for school mailings and event invitations and generates accompanying labels and lists
- Responsible for planning the Major Donor Reception in collaboration with lay leadership
- Support other school events such as Visitors Day
- Support the lay led fundraising Gala
- Reach out to alumni as needed for each event
The preceding is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exclusive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, and working conditions required.
Send resumes to Eileen Ellis, Executive Assistant email@example.com